KCRG A-List Results
- 2013 Best Romantic Restaurant 3rd Place
- 2013 Best Steakhouse nominated
- 2012 Best Romantic Restaurant 2nd Place
- 2012 Best Steakhouse 4th Place
- 2011 Best Romantic Restaurant 3rd Place
- 2011 Best Steakhouse nominated
- 2010 Best Romantic Restaurant 3rd Place
- 2009 Best Romantic Restaurant 1st Place
- 2008 Best Romantic Restaurant 1st Place
Map & Directions
About this Place
At the turn of the century, a flour mill operated on the site that is now occupied by the Iowa River Power Restaurant. Construction on the present structure was completed in 1902 to house a power generating station that operated until 1964. It was sold to the City of Coralville for $1.00 and they in turn sold it to others who used it for storage until 1976. Conversion of the structure into a restaurant began in February of 1977. The Iowa River Power Restaurant officially opened Monday, October 24, 1977. The rest, as they say, is history.
Open for lunch Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Also open for brunch on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.